Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Socioeconomic Diversity

Today we had another good talk. It was really really relevant to everything that is going on around us. With everything with the economy being so unstable and unpredictable, it is a great topic of discussion so we can learn more about dealing with certain situations that we, or others close to us, may be in. I also really liked where our conversation first started, when we discussed why it is better to call it socioeconomic diversity rather than status. There really is a difference and I agree that it is very important to recognize that difference. I also liked how we reverted our conversation back to conflicts in marriages when couples struggle with money management. This was great so that we can keep tying everything back together that we have learned throughout the semester.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you! It's crazy what a strong hold money has on our society! Money is one of the top three things people get divorced over. It's pretty pathetic really. But I also found it interesting that it doesn't matter how much money you have, couples with still fight over it! In marriage I think it is SO important to be happy in life already and agree with your spouse about how money is spent.