Saturday, April 4, 2009
Kids
Something from Thursday's lecture that really stood out to me was when Dr. Hollist told us about the 800 people who participated in their study on parenting -- I was really surprised that two of them actually regretted having kids! It made me sad for their kids -- I think this is a really good example of why you should be absolutely sure you're ready for kids before you put yourself into a position where you might have some. I realize that 2 out of 800 is only .25%, but I cannot even imagine how terrible it would be to have parents who seriously regretted my existence. I'm not sure what I would say if I were counseling them, but I think I would encourage them to examine their relationship with each other, because fixing some things there could make their kid situation better, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment