Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Children

Today’s lecture on families with children was another interesting one. I think having a family when the time is right is very important in my life. After talking about children, it is more easily understood how much of a responsibility children are.

I don’t believe there is an actual right or wrong way of parenting children. Everyone has different methods they prefer to use. I think the most important is teaching them the right messages to be used throughout their life. Discipline is different for every family. Some people believe spanking is the best way to teach a child while others think grounding them or putting them in a corner is more effective. I don’t think one specific discipline method is the right one to use as long as the method you do use teaches the child some sort of lesson.

It is very interesting to watch children and observe the way they perform and interact with others. Children can be very complicated to understand it takes a lot of digging sometimes to figure them out. One crucial component in working with children is patience. You need a lot of time to work and talk with them in order to learn more about them. 

No comments: