Wednesday, April 8, 2009

ohhhh children!

I absolutely love children. I cannot wait to someday be married and have my own. It really does excite me, but at the same time, it definitely also worries me. Kids are so unpredictable. Parenting is so unpredictable. I am one of four kids, and for the most part, my parents parented each and every one of us in a similar matter. In each of our high school careers, we were all pretty different. We all had our own things we were interested in, we all made different decisions/mistakes. None of us behaved the same in any way really. Rebellious or not, we were all pretty different despite our parents raising us the same. That is why being a parent kind of scares me. You can do your best to raise your children right, but in the end, are they going to turn out how you planned? I really do believe that parenting is such a tough job and you really need to know what you are getting into before you make that next step in your life. Your marriage needs to be strong and full of commitment and you need to know what having children will really mean for your life. I really liked our discussion, and it is always fun to hear other peoples points of view in class!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I definitely agree that having and raising children is a huge responsiblity and will take A LOT of work. I am also in CYAF 160 and we had to raise a "virtual child" which made me realize that being a parent is a full time job! I am defintely waiting before I have kids to make sure my future spouse and I have our lives together.