Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Mate Selection
Today in class we talked about mate selection. And, once again, I loved the discussion that went on. Mate selection really is something that is super important and shouldn't be taken lightly. Although I know that sometimes things just can't work out, I am a huge believer in working through almost anything that happens in a relationship (marriage) to keep it going. I do not believe in divorce and I really think that the divorce numbers could go down a ton if people took more time when it came time to "select their mate." Marriage is never going to be fun and easy 100% of the time. No matter how laid back or whatever both members are, there is going to be struggle and conflict. Couples need to figure out if they will be able to work out these problems well before they say "I do." It was also really neat to learn about those premarital inventories that some couples take. I think that all engaged couples should be encouraged to take that. What an opportunity to not only learn more about your soon to be spouse, but also to make sure that you are on the same page with all the major issues. Marriage is forever and I think that couples should do whatever they can ahead of time to assure that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment