Tuesday, March 24, 2009
decision making
Today we talked about decisions in marriages. I really have been enjoying this whole unit on marriages and how they work best what what should happen when. Although I am far from getting married, I think that this information is great to have and it is going to be so useful someday when I have a husband of my own. It was so interesting to look at the six sources of influence. Although some seem to be similar, they are all different, and I have never thought of decisions and the influence on decisions in that way. When we were discussing these six different influences, I started to relate them to just any personal relationship that I have in my life daily. Whether it's with my parents or siblings, or my friends or boyfriends, it is important to know what kind of influence you are trying. I think that these go outside marriages and really do relate to everyday relationship interactions. Balance of power is such an important thing, and if someone is using a legitimate influence or a coercive influence, then they probably aren't doing a great job of balancing the power and decision making. So, all in all, this was a great discussion that even someone who is married can really put to use!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment