Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Single Life

After reading about single life and discussing it in lecture, I definitely don’t want this type of life. I have nothing against people who live a singe life, but this just isn’t for me. I have been without my boyfriend for almost 5 years and I couldn’t imagine having it any other way. Being in a relationship makes life more exciting in my opinion. I enjoy learning about each other and interacting on a day-to-day basis. Also, without my boyfriend I wouldn’t have “dates” to go on and I would be very bored on the weekends.

However, some people find the single life more exciting. Since I have had a boyfriend throughout high school and college I have never been interested in having many partners. I have heard that being single is better because you don’t get sick of the person you are living with. This hasn’t ever been a problem for me because 5 years later, we still learn a lot about each other. It takes a long time to really get to know someone.

Also, single life people find it cheaper because the money they make just goes to them and not to their husband/wife or family. As someone mentioned in class, I would be more motivated to work harder at my job knowing I am making money for not only me but my family as well. I do see how it is cheaper to not have a boyfriend/girlfriend. It is amazing how much money is spent every year on a relationship. I think it is easier to pay off housing and vehicles and all the other expenses that are needed in life with two incomes over one.

I don’t want to live a single life because I find it way more enjoyable to have someone in my life that I can always count on. I would be depressed if I didn’t have a partner. It is important to have a best friend to go to when you are in need and a single person may have trouble finding this. Also, I would get very lonely living by myself. I don’t like being alone and I especially don’t like silence so it would be very hard for me to not have someone. 

No comments: