Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"Strong Families"

The topic on Strong Families was very interesting. I did not expect that a strong family would only had six characteristics. I thought that to have a strong family would require a lot more qualities, to have a strong family it only takes six steps. I think this lesson really had the whole class involved and in to it. We could notice it because of the participation. I love it and I bet everybody did, it will be very helpful for all of us, in one hand it will help us personally and on the other to help others. For my siblings and I our family is very important, we always try to be as close as possible. We don't wait for special occasions or holidays to be all together and have great times. But like in all families there are always hard times. My parents got divorced when I was 16 years old. I was not a little girl, but even though I understood it still hurt. When a family is going through a divorce the feelings don't respect any age and will affect everyone. My parents divorce has been one of the toughest crisis my family has gone through. Now since Mr. Hollist has touched this subject over strong families I understand that what made us get out of this crisis was the strength of the family. I'm proud to say that I have a strong family, we enjoy having good times together ans we know we can count on each other.

No comments: