Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Family Strengths

I thought that the last class discussion was very interesting. It was interesting in the fact that many of the things that we discussed make so much since in the way that my family and so many other families seem to interact. Every family has positive and negative elements to it, and some people have no biological family at all, but everyone has some sort of "family", or an idea of what it is to them. For me I found the comments about having dinner as a family hitting very close to home. That has always been something in our family that is very important. When I first went away to college, when dinner time came, there was a sense of something missing, and that was my family being there. There is a different sort of atmosphere and conversation when having dinner with my family versus friends or alone. Dinner time was always a time when our busy schedules would be able to come together and talk and laugh, and spend time together. My family has always been very important to me, even when I didn't put them first on my priority list. I have learned to appreciate how much they have done and continue to do in supporting me, loving me, even when I have not been the easiest person to be around. They have unconditional love, and that's something that I will be forever grateful for.

No comments: