Wednesday, January 28, 2009
divorced parents
The other day in class we had a discussion about strong family's and what characteristics that are reflected when it comes to strong families. I was about to make a comment when the man in the back questioned divorced families. I totally agree with what he was saying but I feel that my family is an exception. My parents got divorced when I was eight and I am now 20. Though the past 12 years have been very difficult I could vouch that my family has been through thick and thin and yet we all still consider ourselves family. When I was young we were with our parents equal time and for my sister who lives at home it is still that way. It took my parents alot of strength to put their bitterness and dislikes to the side to do what was best for us kids. Long story short I can truly say that even though we might not be the most functional family, I know that my family would sacrifice everything they had to be there for us if we were in need, Dad and Mom. Maybe for the gentleman that brought the subject up this will be encouraging.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment