After reading Chapter 5, 6 and attending lecture, I have really enjoyed learning about dating. Of course this is something that most all people go through some time or another in their life. Dating is a very interesting, yet complicated process. I want to work with people and their relationships because I find it so fascinating to see how they work in so many different ways.
Male selection is a particularly curious topic to me. Everyone has a different method of choosing his or her significant other. Some people base their choice off of attraction and to some it is personality. I feel it takes a lot more than these two aspects to really become attached to a person. There is so much more you must get to know about them before you can really become attracted.
Also, date rape is a very serious problem in relationships. The book gave a lot of statistics about date rape and it is really quite interesting. I didn’t realize this took place as much as it does. I don’t understand how it is so hard for people to get out of a relationship, but I guess for some they fear getting attacked by their mate if they leave. A lot of date rapes are never reported and so people don’t know how to get out.
There are many reasons for dating as the book describes more in detail. I have been dating my boyfriend for almost 5 years, and for me, the best part about dating has been the companion I have. My boyfriend is my best friend and to me that has been the biggest accomplishment through dating. It has been a long road to get where we are, but it is such a great feeling considering your boyfriend your best friend. We know so much about each other and we are always there through the struggles in each other’s life. Not only did I become physically attracted to this person, but there was so much more. A big key in dating is personality. If you don’t like someone’s personality, it is going to be very hard to date him or her. I also think it is important to have similar interests with each other. If you don’t like many of the same things, it’s going to be hard to go out on dates and find stuff to do that you both enjoy.
I really enjoy discussing dating in class. It’s a great topic to talk about and so much can be found about dating. One of the biggest reasons I enjoy talking about dating, is because sometime or another my friends or family are going to need help with their relationship and I want to be able to help them through it.
No comments:
Post a Comment