Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Single Life

The lecture on single life was very interesting. I never thought a topic about single lifestyles could be so broad. There is voluntary and/or involuntary single lifestyles. They can be temporary and/or permanent. The rates for being single have been increasing. The facts that now more acceptable than in other times by society. People that are single have more control over themselves, they have more freedom, they have career opportunities. In my opinion I don't see myself being single permanently, I do want to get married some day and have children but my priority today is school. I have been temporarily single for five years and yes I have so much fun, I enjoy going out with my friends and be independent. Some single because they can't find a mate is not because they want to be single. When people are single they spend their money unwisely and they have a feeling of loneliness.
I never thought being single was that big of an issue. There are good advantages of being single but I don't think those advantages make it up for the disadvantages. I don't see myself single and I don't want to be single all my life, I nice to have someone you can count on an share your life with.

No comments: