Side Note - I really liked the analogy about the two cups being half full and how they're constantly trying to fill each other up, but one will always be empty.
I have a friend that is a "serial monogomist." She will be in a 3-6 month relationship before finding something she doesn't like about her latest and greatest and pull the plug. She gets frustrated because she feels that she is always the reason for the demise of each relationship. I know her fairly well and some of the things she would do in these relationships were very anti-her personality. She was constantly conforming her likes and dislikes to her significant other's likes and dislikes. I've tried to explain to her a few times that one can't do that for fear of losing themselves, but it doesn't seem to help. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could better approach the situation? I want to help her out, and after class on tuesday I realize more than ever how this is affecting her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment