Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It took a car accident...

Today I got hit by another car, not very fun. But in this overwhelming day I realized that the family which I have always thought of as dysfunctional isn't all that dysfunctional. Other then the occasional fight between the parents and myself, when it comes down to it we have commitment and affection towards each other. As I lay here in undescribable pain (ok, that's a bit over embellished) i'm surrounded by supportive family members, offering all sorts of help. I even got to pick what was for dinner tonight. It's been nearly three years since I've gotten to pick, but then again I've only been moved back to lincoln for two months. None the less, I am very fortunate for my family and for all their support. It took a car accident for me to see that my family has all the characteristics of a well functioning and supportive family...it's unfortunate but it's there, and for that i'm grateful.

No comments: