Thursday, February 5, 2009

Genograms...who we are.

This genogram assignment seems like it could get a little confusing, but it seems very interesting and educational. I think that looking back at your familys history, genetics, traits, etc. can help a lot with being able to understand yourself and who your family is and who you are today. I know some information about my grandparents, but it will be interesting to find out more about my family history and about the many different things I may not know about. Some information I've learned about each side of the family rings dead on, while other things seem so unknown. It will be interesting to dig a little deeper and find out what all my family structure and past is made up of.
I also wanted to comment on the fact that having different dysfunctions within families is what makes each and everyone of us unique. There are positives and negative elements to every ones family, but sometimes what may be negative for one person, could be positive for another. Also I think that "negative" or "bad" experiences are not necessarily always bad for a person or family. In fact many times it's when things get the worst that we grow as individuals.
I think that this assignment will help later when dealing with families in how to help with problems or issues, whatever they may be within a family, and different approaches to go about helping the family.

Matt

No comments: