Thursday, February 5, 2009

Family Genogram!!!

I really think that this assignment is going to help me in multiple ways. It's going to help see relationships among the people in my own family, and also help me know what other families have in their families. Sometimes in order to help other people you have to understand where someone comes from. Genograms are a great way to understand relationships, and a families history. I really think that im going to come away with a lot from this project. I never really understood what happened on my dads side of the family so I called one of my great aunts and asked her some questions so I could get more information for my genogram. Some of the things she told me really helped me understand why some of the things in our family are the way they are. Also, in a professional situation doing a genogram of a family you are working with can give you background knowledge of some things they may not tell you. It would also be good to ask the other people in the family about things that happen to get there input to better your connection to the family.

No comments: