Thursday, February 19, 2009

Empty Nest

Even though I am the youngest in my family, my parents still aren't empty nesters. When I was a senior in high school my older brother moved back home and has been living there ever since. He is definitely tension reducer between my parents. My mom has said that she is very glad that he lives at home because she doesn't know what she will do when it is just her and my dad. My brother does cause a bit of drama at home though. He is too stubborn to listen to my dad so they are usually fighting. My mom is the one who relays messages between them usually. When I go back home for a weekend there is usually more fighting between my brother and my dad because my mom doesn't want to spent her time mediating their fights while I am at home. It will be interesting to see how my parents deal with finally being empty nesters when my brother moves out.

No comments: