I also found it interesting that it's generally an accepted truth that families of all kinds don't like change. It's quite evident in my family as well. In response to cbay's earlier post: my parents are still having a rough go of it not having me at home (i.e. whenever I visit, mom still cries when I leave *sigh*) although cbay's parents might have a little more reason with being 9 and a half hours away...as I am only 3. :) But it goes to show that in two completely separate occasions, leaving the nest is inevitable, but hard none the less.
I'm really excited to learn more about the different kinds of families and their structures. (classification, analyzation, etc.) Noticing other's family structures in comparison to ones own has been an obvious automatic thing for me.My family tends to be pretty formal; quiet, as there are only two children and pretty laid back (Positivistic). My boyfriends family, on the other hand, is craziness! When I first went to his house, there were 8 million different things going on all at once, but no one seemed to mind..it was normal. It's always interesting to be around them and see how -what I would think would constitute as an Interpretive family - works. I've grown accustomed to this "organized chaos" (as they call it) and now when I return home, it seems deathly quiet and boring! ha!
I am currently majoring in Family Sciences and minoring psychology. I have thought about being a Marital or Drug and Alcohol counselor, but it's still up the air...you never know where the road will lead! I really like this class so far and find it really worth thinking about, as we might be able to help someone in a particular situation from having been in this class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment