Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Family Strengths

I agree with the previous two posts about how what we discuss in this class can directly be applied to our lives.

Even though my major (Textile and Apparel Design) does not directly deal with working with families, I can still relate all six of family strengths to my own family, which directly helps me to evaluate how I function as a designer. The main reason why I chose to become a Textile and Apparel Design major was from my families positive support through verbal confirmation, and constant interest in my project developments. These reaffirmations of my abilities helps me to believe that I can be successful no matter what I choose to do.

However, my family definitely has shortfalls in comparison to other aspects, specifically in spiritual well-being. However, we do try to come together and agree to disagree about differences in beliefs. I feel that it helps to learn about all parts of a strong family in order to know what my family should work towards to become an even stronger family.

No comments: