I found our guest lecture really interesting. He was REALLY energetic and very relatable. Even though I've never had personal experience with anyone who is homeless, he made what he was talking about extremely understandable and relatable.
I found his story about the "nastiest thing ever", to be very shocking and effective. I am referring to the story about meth addicts trading cigarettes to lick/eat other addicts sweat/scabs. I told this story to several other people that were not in our class and they all had the same reaction that I did. Just hearing our guest lecture talk, I can see why he's really good at what he does. He is young enough that he knows how to approach our generation and appear to be trustworthy, which is necessary for him in order for at-risk youth to open up to him. He definitely opened my eyes to issues that at-risk youth deal with on a daily basis.
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment