Thursday, April 9, 2009

Children and Play

I really enjoyed class on TUesday. I found it really interesting. When I was a senior in high school i did a project on the four different ways children play. I took this project to the state and national levels for FCCLA. During class i thought back to that project and looked at the different ways the four different types of play come into role when you talk about how a child develops from play. It was interesting to see how something you do in high school can relate to what you are learning in college. PLay is an important part of every childs life. It is important not only as professionals but as parents to know the different ways children play. YOu can learn alot from a child if you watch them play not only by themselves but they way they interact with other children. Playing is not just playing its learning for a child.

No comments: