Tuesday, April 28, 2009

CEDARS

The speaker today was very interesting! The guy was extremely funny and he kept my attention very well. He was a very energetic man and he had a lot of really good information about his job. He also had some very detailed pictures that helped us to better understand what he was talking about.

Some of the stuff he told us was quite sad. He has worked with a lot of different teenagers over the years. I’m sure this guy has seen more than what we can even imagine. I think it is great there are people like this in our community who are so willing to help those in need.

CEDARS is a great support service and an awesome thing to have in Lincoln. This is a great place to work or volunteer for anyone who is interested in helping teens and young adults. I personally would have a tough time working at a place like this because I don’t think I am emotionally strong enough. It would be hard to hear all the stories and see all the things that such young individuals have to experience. At the same time, it was be a great feeling to be able to help them and know what kind of a difference you could have made in their life.

I really enjoyed this speaker today and he really made me open my eyes! 

No comments: