I think that the last lectures that we have had, dealing with dating and marriage and stuff has been very interesting. It's interesting to see what other classmates views on certain things are. I agree with whoever wrote that you have to have some things in common to know that you and the person you are attracted to are going to make it, at least for awhile. I think that your personal interests, hobbies, etc. go hand in hand with your lifestyle. What type of lifestyle you live I think plays a huge part in whether or not things are going to work out or even start out a relationship. Sometimes the things you have in common may be things about the person that you don't notice right away at first, but after getting to know someone more you realize how much you actually do have in common, with personality and interests.
Physical and sexual attraction play a really big part in a relationship. But I think that a much bigger factor is the persons personality and your emotional connection to them. I think there should be a good balance of both physical and emotional attraction, when looking at a potential partner. I also think that sexual feelings at times can share a very thin line with your emotions. If you can't hold a conversation, and you don't enjoy being around that person, but you are only physically attracted to them, its not going to work out for a long-term relationship. I believe that being good friends is also important, knowing boundaries, setting boundaries, but also leaving your door open to new experiences and people.
On the other hand, sometimes life creeps up on you in weird ways, and you are in places and with people, that had never before crossed your mind. Dating is a wonderful way to find out more of who you are, and who you are looking for.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment