Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I LOVE THIS CLASS!!!!

I wanted to talk about how beneficial this class is to me. I love talking about families and how important they are to every person. Today's class in particular was very fun to be at because it made me appreciate all the wonderful aspects of my family. It also made me miss my family a lot! I enjoyed learning about the characteristics of strong families. Dr. Hollist does a great job of getting the audience (us students) involved in the lecture by constantly asking for examples of our families. I am currently a Psychology major and with this major I want to counsel families and it's so fun to learn about it because every family is different in what they have and share. It is also very neat to see how families come together in times of crisis. 

By far the best and most important thing in my life is my family. They have got me through so much. All my life I have been extremely close to my family. Without them I wouldn't be the person I am today. Through their love and support, they have raised me to be the kind of person I want to be. I also know that if I am ever in need or down, my family will always be there to comfort me and help make me feel better. 

This class is one of those few classes as a freshman that I thoroughly enjoy going to! I learn so much and I always walk out of class with a smile on my face knowing what a great thing it is to have such a wonderful family. Another thing about this class is even if you aren't going to be working with families in your lifetime, it is still extremely important to know about them and how they function and how they are so different. 

I could consider my family to have all the characteristics of a strong family. To start with, commitment is huge in my family. We make spending time together a priority and that comes before a lot of other thing in our life. We know how special it is to have that bond with each other. Appreciation and affection is stressed often in my family. We constantly show how much we appreciate what we do for each other. As a family, we have a positive communication with each other. You can constantly find us encouraging one another and a lot of laughter is done in my family. Time together is probably the most essential. We spend more time together than probably a lot of families do. Having dinner together is extremely important to all of us and we make sure to take time for this. Also, we go on vacations together and do lots of fun events throughout the year. We also have a strong spiritual well being with each other. It is something that can't really be described, I just know it is there. In times of dealing with cope and stress, the most crucial thing we do is come together as one. We remind each other that we are there to help and together we can get through anything that the Lord throws out there. I feel that the different crisis' that have gone on in my family have brought us closer together and really formed what we are! 

I love my family and they mean the world to me!!!! 

Karisa Beutler 

No comments: